October 26, 2009

Cheesy Zucchini Soup

It's fall and I had to share one of my favorite fall soup recipes! I always hesitate to tell people the name because it doesn't do this soup justice! It is yummy, and easy. Try it, I promise you'll love it! I'm making it for dinner tonight so I'll add a picture tomorrow!

- Put following in large pan over medium heat and saute until almost tender. Don't saute too much, you don't want the the zucchini to get mushy! Better when it's crunchy!

2 medium zucchini, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. dried basil (or 1 Tbs. fresh, chopped)
2 Tbs. fresh minced parsley (or 1 Tbs. dried)
1/3 cup butter

- Stir in:
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper

-Add gradually:
3 c. water
3. chicken bouillon cubes

- Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat when it comes to a boil and add:
2 medium chopped tomatoes
1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
1 10-14oz. pkg. of frozen white corn

- Return to stove and reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes and add cheeses:
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 comment:

  1. This sounds perfect for a nice cloudy day like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete