March 11, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza

I had forgotten how much I love these, and how easy they are!
I haven't made them for a while!

Photobucket

4-5 Pitas
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
BBQ sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's brand)
8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
A few fresh basil leaves, washed and cut into shreds

Preheat oven to 400ยบ.
Combine the chicken and a little BBQ sauce. Leaving a 1/2 inch border, spread each pita with a small amount of BBQ sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, zucchini, onion, and basil. Season generously with salt and pepper and spoon chicken onto pita. Bake on a baking sheet until golden and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately.

I used some of my friend Courtney's canned chicken and it was perfect! I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's brand of BBQ sauce, it's my favorite! Just the right amount of "tang". And, I like my veggies as thinly sliced as I can get them because they get a little bit crispy in the oven!

1 comment: