January 26, 2010

Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup

This is the best chicken noodle soup I have ever tasted. I think it is because of all the fresh herbs. Try it out and see what you think.
8 c. chicken broth
6 cloves minced garlic
2 medium carrots peeled and cut
1 parsnip peeled and cut
2 stalks celery cut
1 medium onion chopped
3 tbs. fresh lemon juice
2 c. broad egg noodles
6-8 chicken tenders chunked
1/4 c. fresh dill chopped
1/4 c. fresh mint chopped
1/4 c. fresh parsley chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine meat with broth; simmer 10 minutes until done. Add veggies, cook 6 minutes. Add lemon juice, noodles, fresh herbs and salt and pepper. Cook as long as noodles say they need to be cooked on the package. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

  1. oh my heck that looks yummy! Lara, let's try it when I'm in Ohio!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, we made this, and it is my favorite chicken noodle soup!

    ReplyDelete